Sustainability and Environment
At Watts we endeavour to manufacture and sell polyurethane products with the least amount of environmental impact as possible. We are developing systems and innovative solutions across key areas such as production, energy, transport, purchasing and waste. We are also working with contractors and suppliers to reduce their environmental impact, as well as our own.
Equal attention and action is given to sustainability and environmental issues throughout the office and factory and we are fully committed to sustainability and environmental issues, with a long-term aim to exceed our best practice.
A Watts Environmental/Sustainability Co-ordinator is nominated to focus on sustainability, environmental issues, and help develop innovative solutions to support our business’ impact on our planet and eco-system.
Apart from the immediate benefit in ‘going green’ we hope that Watts’ focus on sustainable practices will impact the industry through our suppliers, contractors and customers.
Watts recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in various ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the company:
- Production and disposal of items for office and factory
- Supplier and Contractor Issues
- Waste Disposal
- Consumption of Energy, Water and other resources
- Packaging Materials used by Watts and our Suppliers and Contractors
- Transport – deliveries and collections
The company is committed to reducing these and other environmental impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. We are committed to working with our staff, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our company and its activities.
- Reduce waste, pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
- It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy whenever possible through active participation and co-operation.
- This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website.
- The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Watts management and a shared responsibility with our employees
- The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.